th350 no forward gears

cutthroatxxx

Aug 14, 2010
. Ok so a while back I pulled out of my shop and all of a sudden no forward gears only reverse.
Yesterday I was under the car and I saw the vacuum line to the modulator was off. Now when I first have this problem I aded atf and it poured out just as fast as I put it in. I plugged the line back up but didn't have a lot of fuel& it's set for a while and it is cold so couldn't get it running long enough to try to put in gear but could this be the problem...The line being off of the modulator as now no fluid is leaking. I will be putting gas in it in a few days and jumping it for for the extra juice to try to get her going & see if she goes in gear.When this first happened I had only reverse.Does that mean anything with the line being off the modulator? Thanks

With the modulator disconnected you would still have forward gears. The transmission would be very late in upshifting (if it upshifted at all) due to excess line pressure, but you would at least have low gear. The problem you're experiencing could be related to a broken or stripped forward planetary gear set (pretty uncommon in a TH350), or the clip fell off that holds the internal shift linkage together, in which case the manual valve wouldn't actually be moving when you moved the shifter... it would just be stuck in whatever position it was placed in before the clip fell off. Time to drop the pan and perform an inspection. If you find the clip laying in the pan then you've found your problem and simply to reassemble the internal shift linkage. If you find no clip but do find metal debris in the pan then it's time to pull the transmission out for an overhaul.

cutthroatxxx said:
Got ya.let me ask you this is it normal for trans fluid to come out of that line

If the diaphragm inside the modulator is damaged then you will experience a fluid leak from the modulator.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!