Transmission lines?

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
I plan on changing my trans lines and was wondering if i could use aluminum tubing?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I don't see why not, so long as the fittings are the same... trans cooler lines aren't under any sort of extreme pressure.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
In my first Malibu i ran aluminum trans lines no problem

You can potentially see 100+ PSI of pressure through the cooler lines. I don't think that the commonly available aluminum tubing out there is rated for that type of pressure, although I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that have used it without an issue.

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )
I tend to use brake line. 2x 6' lengths, already pre-flared so you can re-use the threads on your current lines into the trans. Cheap and plentiful

-83MONTESS-

Amateur Racer
Mar 8, 2013
I bought a 15ft roll of steel 5/16ths tubing from Summit and used that. I double flared the ends and used stainless nuts and fittings. Worked great for me and I had both bent up and installed in about an hour.

81rustabu

Dragway Regular
Apr 16, 2011
pinckney,MI
Thanks for the replies guys. I called the place i got the tubing from to see how much pressure it would take and they said it would take that pressure. Bent up some lines last night and worked out great. \:D/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!