200 Metric electrical connection

ldr

Weekend Racer
Jul 4, 2011
Sarcoxie, MO
Hi all, Just pulled the V6 and transmission out of my car. I believe the trans is a 200 metric with a electrical connector on driver side. What does this control?

sarbra1980

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2014
I'm not positive that it's a direct swap. I think the three speed lockups only use two pins verses three for the overdrive transmissions. I'm sure someone here will chime in on the pinout specifics. I have a 700R4 and a 2004R in vehicles but I used the painless lockup kits for both. That is also an option, but I think you will be able to make the factory setup work.

ldr

Weekend Racer
Jul 4, 2011
Sarcoxie, MO
After some more research I think I have the vacuum switch on driver fender to lock up converter. Is the 700R4 locked electrically with the ecu, then unlock with brake pedal?

sarbra1980

Daily Driver
Mar 16, 2014
Yes, I believe it is controlled by the ecu. Should keep it from locking up until operating temp is reached and maybe some other data. The vacuum switch unlocks it in low vacuum situations and the brake switch unlocks with brake application. I believe that some trans have two pins at the trans plug and some have three. You very well may be able to plug in and go. It all has to do with the wire configuration matching up with the trans. Not sure if that helped.

ldr

Weekend Racer
Jul 4, 2011
Sarcoxie, MO
The V6 trans only had one wire. The 700R4 going back in has 3 coming out of it. I hope I can hook to the wire that went to ecu, one to +, and one to -, and it will all be good. Never that easy though.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!