Transmission rebuild

rowdycwby1

Nov 11, 2013
I planning on rebuilding a TH400 and I'm wondering what rebuild kits do y'all suggest. I'm planning on putting a Transgo no yoyo shift kit in it . This will be my first transmission rebuild and I'm just not sure what would be the best rebuild kit.

I recommend the following components to rebuild your TH400:

~ Part number HP2288, premium master overhaul kit, includes red Alto/Raybestos frictions, new steels, Kevlar intermediate band, Kevlar rear band, seal and gasket kit, Teflon sealing ring kit, filter, thrust washer kit (no selectives), bushing kit, governor screen, and adjustable vacuum modulator

~ Part number 34402A, low roller clutch

~ Part number 34418A, intermediate roller clutch (use if you have a stepped inner race on the direct drum)

~ Part number HP2279, 34-element intermediate sprag (use if you have a smooth inner race on the direct drum)

~ Part number 400-1&2, TransGo valve body reprogramming kit

That will pretty much take care of your basic heavy duty rebuild. We have lots of other upgrades available for increased durability and longevity behind higher horsepower and torque output.

If you find that you do have the direct drum with the stepped inner race then I would strongly suggest replacing the direct drum with either an earlier model with the smooth inner race so that you can use the much stronger 34-element intermediate sprag, or with a direct drum out of a 4L80E which will easily interchange within the TH400 and will also allow the use of the improved 34-element intermediate sprag. We offer the direct drum with the 34-element sprag and outer race assembly under part number HP2234 if you end up needing one.

Let me know if there is any other information you need. I can send you pricing via PM if you're interested in ordering any parts.

Pete

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!