TH350 speedo gear block off

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
anyone know of a block off kit for the speedo gear on a TH350? mine's leaking, and for some reason has a ridiculous amount of play in it all of the sudden. I don't use the speedo anyway, so if there's a way to just get rid of it, I'd rather do that.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
thanks pete! I've been doing a little research this morning, and have read that a lot of guys go that route. then I read that you have to keep the driven speedo gear in place because it sends oil to lubricate the output shaft/tailstock bushing. any truth to that?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
99% of all speedo bullet leaks are bad O-rings or worn out bullets. $20 replacement...

Tommy

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
you may be correct, although I've looked pretty closely at the bullet, o-ring, and seals and can't see any signs of wear. my cable looks pretty rotten, but that shouldn't leak. either way, I don't need a speedo to race it, so i'll eliminate it altogether and not worry about it leaking again.

grizwald said:
last question....do you put anything around the freeze plug to seal it?

We like to use a little red Loctite on the freeze plug when we install it. You can also a small amount of RTV.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!