Help needed finding a trans shop in Ga,near Atl.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I fried my trans this weekend. I need another one that can handle up to 500hp. I live in Jonesboro, Ga., just out side of Atlanta. If anyone knows of a good place for me to get one built, that info would be great! Thank you in advance.

Amateur2

Jun 4, 2013
Being in you live in Jonesboro, GA, I would go to Summit Racing in McDonough and either buy a new trans or buy the transmission rebuild kit and have it reworked by one of the older transmission shops in the Forest Park area. There are several good shops around Old Dixie Hwy & Forest Pkwy.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
SSedan64 said:
They do quite a bit of racing but, I'd think the shop would stay open. Never know tho', they may be on a racing vacation??

O.K., so I decided I couldn't reach anyone by phone,I'll just go up to the shop and talk to someone. GPS the address,I'm on my way. I get there and all I see is houses,so I check the address again,And it's right,dead on the spot. So I came to the conclusion they build them in the garage.Now me being from Los Angeles,we don't just drop by peoples houses with out calling first. Now I'm back looking for a shop to buy a trans. I may have to bite the bullet and get one from Summit,since it's down the street from me. :roll: ](*,) Any Idea on what trans will hold up to a 500 hp/425lbs torque monster??? :?:

Last edited by a moderator:

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Wow, didn't know they are a Garage Op. Have heard nothing but good reviews from other customers/Forum members etc..
I'd go with Builds that include the Hardened outer race & 36-element Intermediate Sprag + HD Clutches & Band for that power level. Can't really tell which Trans include these on Summit's site, most don't have much of a Description/Info.
Example >> http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tci-311005/overview/

Personally I'd check with some local Trans Shops on pricing. The TH350 is a simple Trans to build & with the big Brand Names you're paying extra $$ for that name.
May want to check with MR member "Pete@Hughes" for a Build Kit, then have it built locally. He should be able to get you a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!