attention pete @ hughes

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
looking at a hughes 35-1 for 1095$ from summit plus shipping,or rebuilding my th350,with alto red clutches,kolene steels and Kevlar band,how does the 35-1 compare,and how much shipped to 44836? Thankyou.

Hello,

Quite a bit more goes into the build of our 35-1 transmission than a basic overhaul using one of our overhaul kits. The 35-1 build consists of the following:

~ Cleaned, prepped, and painted transmission case with 6" extension housing
~ All new bushings, bearings, seals, and gaskets
~ Premium Teflon sealing rings
~ Resurfaced pump stator
~ Lapped pump body with new pump gear set
~ Red racing frictions (3 intermediate, 4 direct, 5 forward, 5 reverse)
~ Heavy duty steels (Kolene optional)
~ Kevlar intermediate band
~ Heat treated outer race for intermediate roller clutch
~ New intermediate roller clutch
~ New low/reverse roller clutch
~ Reinforced housing for low/reverse roller clutch
~ Recalibrated valve body using combination of TransGo parts and our own in-house modifications
~ High flow filter
~ New steel pan
~ New adjustable vacuum modulator
~ Dyno tested to verify line pressure, shift function, and kick-down function

We rate the 35-1 transmission for use with up to 500 flywheel horsepower in street and mild street/strip applications.

While you can easily perform a very basic transmission overhaul using one of our HP3288 or HP3288K kits, you're getting quite a bit more for your money plus a 1-year warranty when you purchase the complete transmission.

We also offer part number 35-1HD which is the same overall build as the 35-1, but includes our premium heavy duty 36-element intermediate sprag, custom inner and outer races, and specially machined direct drum. We rate this unit for use with up to 650 flywheel horsepower for street and street/strip applications.

Last, we offer part number 35-1X. This unit has many of the same features as the 35-1HD, but also includes an upgraded 300M billet steel input shaft, custom forward drum with oversize input spline, 5 direct clutches instead of 4, thrust washers replaced with roller bearings where possible, and our deep cast aluminum pan that holds 2 extra quarts of fluid. We rate this unit for use with up to 850 flywheel horsepower in street, street/strip, and full race applications (although a dedicated drag car is better off with a full manual or transbrake valve body such as offered in our 35-2X, 35-2XR, and 35-3X transmissions).

PM sent on pricing.

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Petes a great guy to deal with,got the 35-1HD for cheaper than a local would do an exteme rebuild,Im getting twice the transmission for the $.Plus a 1 yr. warranty!

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
I use the 35-2x. 1.29 60 foot at 3880 pounds and two drag weeks. Still going strong. Hughes for the win!

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Pete I have a GM-25 t/c I bought from Hughes last year,can you guys restall ,if so how high with this t/c,and how much,Really loving my 35-1HD trans. Thanks.

We can typically get anywhere from 150 - 300 RPM more flash stall speed out of a GM25 depending on the torque production of the engine and the rear axle ratio. You'd be looking at a cost of $185.55 to adjust the converter. This charge includes disassembly, cleaning, inspection, verification of clearances, replacement of bearings and races, replacement of the stator (required for stall adjustment in this part number), reassembly, pressure testing, and balancing. If the pilot or pump hub are worn beyond spec then additional charges will be incurred to repair/replace those items. We normally require 2 - 3 business days to adjust your converter and have it ready to ship back to you.

If you're needing a significant increase in stall speed then you may want to think about getting into one of our 10" torque converters such as our Pro Street (GM30) or Street/Strip (GM35) series models. We can also tweak one of these converters to better suit your specific stall speed needs.

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
thanks Pete,this t/c was in my trans. that failed,Im pretty sure it was the fact.th350,and clutches let go.I want to sell this one but want to be sure its okay,there appeared to be clutch material in the trans fluid ,I want to sell with a clear conscience.Thought maybe increasing stall would be a cost effective way of making more sellable.How much for a good cleaning and inspection,it only has about 2k miles on it.Another ?,will you fine tune another companys T/C ? My current T/C is a 32-36 stall and flashes to 36 I have it in your 35-1HD,I might want to tame it down a bit. Thanks, Rick

rsh4364 said:
thanks Pete,this t/c was in my trans. that failed,Im pretty sure it was the fact.th350,and clutches let go.I want to sell this one but want to be sure its okay,there appeared to be clutch material in the trans fluid ,I want to sell with a clear conscience.Thought maybe increasing stall would be a cost effective way of making more sellable.How much for a good cleaning and inspection,it only has about 2k miles on it.Another ?,will you fine tune another companys T/C ? My current T/C is a 32-36 stall and flashes to 36 I have it in your 35-1HD,I might want to tame it down a bit. Thanks, Rick

You're looking at $75.00 for just a basic freshen-up on a GM25 torque converter.

We will be happy to adjust your other torque converter as well. We will work on virtually any brand of torque converter. That being said, there are a select few brands out there that just can't be helped, but we're still always to take a look at what you have.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!