Frame extension measurments?

mikes

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2003
Capital District, Upstate New York
Hi guys, not looking to sell or distribute or do anything illegal but I need to make a frame extension for my th400 crossmember. Can anyone give me the dimensions and measurements from theirs so I can fabricate one similiar? They are expensive to buy for a small piece of steel that I have around the garage. Thanks!!

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
Use your old cross member, cut mounting tab off and put on opposite side of the cross member thats all you got to do. Bolt up transmission and leave on jack or jack stand, with 2x4 between transmission and whatever you choose to hold up trans.. Put cross member in place and mark were it has to be moved to on front side. Then cut pad off and position where you marked on the front side. Easy Sneasy!!!

mikes

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2003
Capital District, Upstate New York
That is easy but I have a g force style crossmember. I'm going to fab something up anyway and proly dont need measurements but figured I'd ask here if anyone has them.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i'm headed to the garage today i'll take the measurements off my extension &let you know

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
I posted a reply on your other post about this. All the frame extension is is a 1x4 piece of rectangular steel tubing with 8 holes drilled in it. How companies get away with charging 50 bucks is beyond comprehension. it's worth less than 10 bucks.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i've got 1x4x19 inches.it's cheap enough to make.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!