GM TH200C three speed trans

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Anyone have any old TH200C transmissions laying around they are going to toss? They are the puny little 3 speeds that came in the late 70s cars, usually behind the small V8s. They look similar to a TH350, but are a little smaller. I am wanting the servo cover, servo, and apply pin out of one or two of them. It is easy to remove, just pop a snap ring on the right side behind the cooler lines, and it all pulls out. I would like them to be pretty much free (imagine that lol). LMK what you have!

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
SSedan64 said:
Don't for get those don't use the Cushion Spring and will create a 2-1 downshift bang/clunk when used in the 2004R Trans. Superior's Billet Super Servo also does this.
There're also a few different sizes that came in the 200/200C.
The #'s & Sizes are here: 134/112 cover piston combo is largest.
Thanks for bursting my plan :p ...I wanted to keep it on the dl so everyone would practically give some of them to me thinking they were junk. I already have one in my 442 and it just firmed the shift up good. No harsh downshift. But the trans is pretty much worn out. I need one more for the 200-4R we have to go in my Dad's 1965 442.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Th200 is a popular trans in NHRA stock eliminator as they have lower parasitic drag compared to the th350 & th400. Scott McClay is one of the top builders for the th200.

Not that it matters, just wanted to give one good use for the trans.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I have one in stock minus the servo, cover, and apply pin if anyone it interested in it then! I always thought they were only good for scrap metal.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Not really a bad Trans, the Lockup TC is what gave all the trouble & it screwed up the Trans. :lol:
TH200/200C Info >>
Most of the 200/200C's have been scrapped now. Many 2004R users have switched to Billet Servos so they have the Cushion spring.
I'll check with a guy I know that may have one. Probably just cost S/H.

Also check with Witt, $5.57 for the whole Assembly. ;) Just give them the #'s you need.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Strange they have three servos. My 200-4R had the one pictured with all the springs and the 3rd accumulator. The 200 I swiped the servo out of was only the servo, a big spring and the apply pin. I tossed the spring in the tool box and slapped some washers in its place and slammed it in the trans. I wish it shifted just a bit harder so I could get a nice chirp from the tires on the 1-2 shift. But it is definitely bearable now. It is nice and quick on the shift and not dramatic in anything it does.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!