New Kit for the 200 4r

zz4mcss

Amateur Racer
Jul 24, 2009
Attleboro ma.
Now my trans can get done,My new kit came in today :) 200 4r master kit,with a bigger than stock band and alot better drum. \:D/
2004rrebuildkit.jpg

zz4mcss

Amateur Racer
Jul 24, 2009
Attleboro ma.
its only around 450 if that

450 horsepower can break a stock GM intermediate shaft. Did your kit come with Teflon sealing rings? If not they're a good move. I would also install a 10-vane front pump, oversize boost valve, and a TransGo or similar shift kit at mininum. Billet servo would be worth considering as well.

zz4mcss

Amateur Racer
Jul 24, 2009
Attleboro ma.
I have a nice billet servo and a tci constant pressure valve body.

zz4mcss

Amateur Racer
Jul 24, 2009
Attleboro ma.
Its done and going back in today.

tci constant pressure valve body,3600 stall non locker,bigger band and new drum,10 vane pump,red eagle alto clutches

zz4mcss

Amateur Racer
Jul 24, 2009
Attleboro ma.
well the car is back together,And its fun to drive again :)

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
What controls the shifting? Does this transmission require a computer or just a kick down cable from the motor? How much did the transmission build and the converter cost you? How is it holding up?

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Firetruck1 said:
What controls the shifting? Does this transmission require a computer or just a kick down cable from the motor?

The TH200-4R doesn't require a Computer.
It will require a 12V+ source if you use a Lockup TC/TorqueConverter to activate the TCC/TorqueConverterClutch Solenoid.

It uses a TV/ThrottleValve cable which controls line pressure, shift points, shift feel, part throttle downshifts and the detent downshifts. The function of the TV cable is similar to the combined functions of a vacuum modulator and a detent cable. The TV cable used with the 2004R trans should not be thought of as an Detent/Kickdown/Downshift cable. Adjustment & correct Bracketry is critical, too loose = Burnt clutches & Rebuild time.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
zz4mcss said:
well the car is back together,And its fun to drive again :)

Glad it's up & runnin. :)

They did install the Non-Lockup valve in the Pump for the Non-Lock TC? Just checking.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!