350 trans help

goldie

Frequent Racer
May 24, 2003
chicago
www.geocities.com
Need help I just rebuilded the second 350 Trans and I am still getting the same effect. A real soft second shift at regular speed about 20//30 MPH. Also feels like I am not getting third gear. What can be th problem.
Here's the set up BBC, 350 Trans, 2400 stall. 342 gear. Haven't revved motor over 2400 yet.help

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
Check your kickdown cabel..seems like it might be out of adjustment...also check to make sure the trans is full..it takes something like 10-14 quarts.

MalibuMan1979

Frequent Racer
Aug 17, 2008
flint, (lapeer), michigan
when you rebuilt the trans, did you check the governer for wear and make sure the weights operated freely? how about a new vacuum modulator? did you put in a shift kit? I removed my kick down cable. it only operates passing gear. i manually shift down.

goldie

Frequent Racer
May 24, 2003
chicago
www.geocities.com
I did a total rebuild Transgo shift kit 350,1/2. New Clutchs and steels, seals. New springs in governor. Cleaned body new springs. I am Lost . Drove it yesterday driving around 30 MPH. Light shiftit should chirp

MalibuMan1979

Frequent Racer
Aug 17, 2008
flint, (lapeer), michigan
one thing I have found with my transgo kit, it seems to shift soft when just cruising. at the strip, i've had it chirp in second, manually though. also, it doesn't seem to hang in first gear too long so i put in a adjustable vacuum modulator and played wit it. you can prolong the shifts by adjusting it out a little.

goldie

Frequent Racer
May 24, 2003
chicago
www.geocities.com
Right!!!!!! That's just what mines is doing. Was told to change back to the original governor springs and take the spring off the valve on the modulator. Also adjust the kick down cable

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!