Glide rolling back when engaging brake.

bbc-olds

Frequent Racer
Jun 7, 2008
Malin OR
Having a problem with the car rolling back when engaging the brake. Have redlighted several time because it rolls back out of the beam. Didn't have this problem last year. Trans was gone over last winter. Looked excellent and was reassembled with a new band. Have heard that this is a common problem with Glides. Anybody have any ideas.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I heard you can adjust the bands in a PG to remedy that issue. However, I have a TH350 and can't adjust the bands, so I hooked up my line lock with a diode to the trans brake activation wire so the car doesn't roll in the beams.

bbc-olds

Frequent Racer
Jun 7, 2008
Malin OR
Was going to wire them together but it is not permitted per nhra rules. At least in pro et class. Have tighten up the band some but nothing has changed.

pdqwagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2009
Grove City Ohio
Have you checked line pressure while on the brake? To low of pressure will cause it to move backwards.

bbc-olds

Frequent Racer
Jun 7, 2008
Malin OR
Cked pump pressure and it was at 60psi(should be 200). Pulled trans after last race and the pump was junk. Rest of trans looked great. Time for a new pump and a lower 1st gear planetary. Maybe a few other upgrades.

pdqwagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2009
Grove City Ohio
Glad you found the problem, yea much under 200 would be suspect, 60 is waaaaayyyy to low. Im surprised the car evem moved.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!