JW SPORTMAN CONVERTER...

alex383

Frequent Racer
Aug 16, 2008
douglas az
Hi. guys.

I need to buy a new converter. somebody has some experience with this?

http://www.jegs.com/i/J-W-Performance/564/20445A/10002/-1?parentProductId=937104

I use in my 79 bu whit 468 solid 294 victor jr. proform 850 etc etc on pump gas.

Thanks

Alex.

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
ok here we go yes i have this converter as does a good freind..his is behind a stout 355..his stalls as advertised.flashes to 3800...mine behind a 383 with more hp..wont stall even close to 3500..flash is like 2800!!..my buddy recommended this becuase it rocks in his car and has put up with lots of track time..mine is brand new and it doesnt even feel like the same converter..not even close..sooo i dont know what to tell you ?..this is just my experience..my buddy loves his??

madmaxx57 said:
ok here we go yes i have this converter as does a good freind..his is behind a stout 355..his stalls as advertised.flashes to 3800...mine behind a 383 with more hp..wont stall even close to 3500..flash is like 2800!!..my buddy recommended this becuase it rocks in his car and has put up with lots of track time..mine is brand new and it doesnt even feel like the same converter..not even close..sooo i dont know what to tell you ?..this is just my experience..my buddy loves his??

We can take a look at your JW converter for you and modify it to provide more stall if necessary. That converter is manufactured from a 245mm core which has numerous stator and impeller fin angle options. Your converter may not have the correct combination of stator and impeller fin angle for your combination to provide the stall speed that you desire. Regardless of advertised stall speed any given torque converter will provide a range of stall based on the load that is subjected to.

We are a site sponsor and offer member discounts. Let me know if we can help you out.

Thanks,

Pete

madmaxx57

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2010
DURAND IL
thanks Pete...i will be pulling it out sometime this winter....it just seems odd that i have less stall with more hp,tq, and cubic inches..but that what it is ..lol..thanks
marty

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!