Trans guys..HELP, converter won't turn

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Fresh never ran 2004r, Fresh never ran converter (2600 stall). Got the conveter to seat properly with the pump, but it will not turn to align it with the flywheel holes. Pulled the trans back, pulled the converter out, re seated it, no difference. It's a hard, positive stop when I try to spin the converter. If I look in around the front seal (converter out), the pump ears are at the 11 and 4 (clock) postion. There is a little play between the ears and the conveter cutouts with conveter installed, but nothing out of the ordinary, maybe 1/16" or so. Now what?

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Are you sure you have the right convertor for the transmission? spline count the same?

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
Yeah, 27 spline on both. Slides on and engages the pump like it should, just will not spin once its seated like it should be. Seems like something on the trans side is locked up. If I try to turn the input shaft (with converter off), the input shaft won't budge. I'm pretty sure the problems not with the converter. Done a google search and I'm suspecting something wrong with the pump assembly. Yet another set-back

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!