Got the big guy!!

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
heavier 5x5 whitetail but has short tines. A mature buck but it would never have been big.
Got my hunting partners with me. Major excitement!

Attachments

• DSCN1458.JPG
    DSCN1458.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,173

phtmbu

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2010
Cograts on the nice buck and nice to take the hunting partners with you too.We have a nice 8 pointer running around that nobody can seem to get as of yet..

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
Good for you. And great bonding experience with the kids, I'd bet.

I'm not much of a hunter myself but I've been a few times with friends and have one deer to my name. That's gotta be as big a rush for the little guys as it was for you. I was thinking maybe my guys were too young for hunting but.... yours looks almost the same age as mine (7 & 5). Maybe I should take them.

I've been teaching them to shoot over the summer. Just an old Daisy pump-action BB gun from 20-30 feet into a laundry detergent bottle. And a couple well-supervised trigger pulls on my old .22 varmint rifle (AKA the "Groundhog Slayer"). Boys and guns.... like it's wirtten in their DNA to love them.

Maybe I should dust off my 30-ought and drag them up the mountains with me. I dunno. Maybe. Got me thinking, anyway.

Like I said, hunting isn't really my bag, although I know what I'm doing with a rifle just fine. Not sure I'd feel comfortable trying it myself with the kids. Probably best if I find a group or organization that could arrange a hunting trip that's kid-accessible. Anything like that out there, guys? Any recommendations?

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
my boys are 5 and 7 as well and they both love hunting. I only need to go 15 minutes from home to be in good hunting. My boys come coyote hunting and muskrat trapping with me. Its all about making memories and giving them something positive and active to do together. Keeps them off the TV. The key is to make it exciting for them. I am always pointing out different tracks and trails and any wildlife i see such as birds and small game.
brian

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!