Crock pot recipes.

primerbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 22, 2005
Apopka, Florida
This one is called "hash brown dinner" I've made it several times. start it in the morning and hit the garage with some beers. very easy to prepare and very hard to mess up.

Ingredients
3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (16 ounce) package frozen California blend vegetables
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup milk
12 ounces process cheese (eg. Velveeta), cubed
1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onions

Directions
1. Place potatoes in a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes. Top with vegetables. Combine soup and milk; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
2. Top with cheese; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Just before serving, sprinkle with french-fried onions.

I started so lets see the recipes

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
it sounds good but its hard to imagine good food when i'm seeing your terrible avatar
brian

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
I have a couple also, one with chicken and one with beef shoulder

-take one jar of pepperchini's
-one italian spice packet (this is the dry spice version of italian dressing)
-some fresh garlic (to taste)
-and red pepper flakes (to taste)

take the entire jar of pepperchini's juice and all and dump into crock pot and add seasoning and garlic and pepper flakes. Finally add chicken breasts or beef shoulder and cook all day. After about 4-5 hours on high shread with fork and turn on low and let the meat absorb the juice its been cooking in.

Serve on whatever buns you like, keeping in mind it will make the buns a little soggy from the juice!!! But this is a easy meal that tastes fantastic. I also reccommend some pickled jalopenos or sweet/dill pickles to put on sandwich.

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
primerbu said:
This one is called "hash brown dinner" I've made it several times. start it in the morning and hit the garage with some beers. very easy to prepare and very hard to mess up.

Ingredients
3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (16 ounce) package frozen California blend vegetables
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 cup milk
12 ounces process cheese (eg. Velveeta), cubed
1 (2.8 ounce) can French-fried onions

Directions
1. Place potatoes in a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes. Top with vegetables. Combine soup and milk; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
2. Top with cheese; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Just before serving, sprinkle with french-fried onions.

I started so lets see the recipes

Sounds great! minus the processed cheese. Bought the ingrediants today going to try it thanks!!!!

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
454RAT said:
I have a couple also, one with chicken and one with beef shoulder

-take one jar of pepperchini's
-one italian spice packet (this is the dry spice version of italian dressing)
-some fresh garlic (to taste)
-and red pepper flakes (to taste)

take the entire jar of pepperchini's juice and all and dump into crock pot and add seasoning and garlic and pepper flakes. Finally add chicken breasts or beef shoulder and cook all day. After about 4-5 hours on high shread with fork and turn on low and let the meat absorb the juice its been cooking in.

Serve on whatever buns you like, keeping in mind it will make the buns a little soggy from the juice!!! But this is a easy meal that tastes fantastic. I also reccommend some pickled jalopenos or sweet/dill pickles to put on sandwich.

=D> This sounds right up my alley what size jar pepperochinni's? How much meat to jar ratio?

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
I think its about a 12 oz jar. as far as meat ratio, I would say a 3-4 lb beef. and 4-6 chicken breasts depending on size.

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
454RAT said:
I think its about a 12 oz jar. as far as meat ratio, I would say a 3-4 lb beef. and 4-6 chicken breasts depending on size.

Just got done making this smells great will report tommorow....

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
how was it?

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
man you where right about te soggy bun part... Other than that? it was great!!!!!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!