CHICKEN

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
D&A Machine Shop said:
Post what you got for chicken.
Heres what I got.
Whole chicken, melt some butter mix in Lawry's seasoned salt pour the butter and seasoning inside and out
and rub it in good, then put on the smoker for 4-5 hours at 225-250, it will be falling apart when its done. :D

Same amount of time but instead inject zesty italian dressing all over the bird... Outside lightly sprinkle salt, pepper, Onion powder, garlic powder, And a little paprika for color. mmmmmm yummy!

smokinjoe311

Frequent Racer
Mar 16, 2009
belle vernon pa
Rustyolbu that sounds good too. I like to use italian dressing with chicken breast. Just put the chicken in a big ziplock bag and pour the dressing over it and through it in the fridge for a few hours before grilling.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i've tried a few different things with chicken....but we usually end up using swiss chalet marinade and dipping sauce that you can buy in little packets and rotisserie it on the bbq. it's SOOO good!

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I did one with rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper inside and out (lemon juice inside also). I also lifted the skin of the chicken and stuffed it full of lemon slices (pull them out before you eat). Was one of the better ones I've had.

78wasgr8

Daily Driver
Sep 26, 2010
DuBois,Pennsylvania
If you never brined a chicken, you dont know what you're missing. Take one gallon water, 3/4 kosher salt, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and 2/3 cup olive oil. Stir until salt and sugar is disolved. Put in large container and add one whole chicken. Put in refrigerator for about 8 hours.Make sure entire chicken is submerged in the brine. Grill on low for about 2 hours. will be one of the juiciest birds you ever ate!

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
78wasgr8 said:
If you never brined a chicken, you dont know what you're missing. Take one gallon water, 3/4 kosher salt, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and 2/3 cup olive oil. Stir until salt and sugar is disolved. Put in large container and add one whole chicken. Put in refrigerator for about 8 hours.Make sure entire chicken is submerged in the brine. Grill on low for about 2 hours. will be one of the juiciest birds you ever ate!

i tried this over the weekend, and you were right! it was the best chicken i've ever eaten!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!