RIBS!

smokinjoe311

Frequent Racer
Mar 16, 2009
belle vernon pa
I can't give out all my secret recipies but I can tell you this my ribs are great, every time I make them there is never enough to go around. I use a very simple and easy recipie that can be used on chicken, chops, ribs or what ever else you want to bbq. I use any kind of store bought bbq sauce and doctor it up a bit with some jd or knob creek and I add to it some minced garlic and any other spices that you want. I place the ribs in a glass dish and pour a can of coke or pepsi over them and let it set for about 1/2 hour. Then pour the sauce mixture over the ribs and make sure you have them well coated. Place the ribs in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours turning them over once. How you cook them is up to you but I like to bake them for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours @ 275 then finish them off on the grill. I use a gas grill and remember the sauce you baked the ribs in I like to baste them with it. I have 2 or 3 big cook outs every summer and my ribs and chicken are always the first thing gone. Try it out and tell me what you think.

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
Do you have a smoker? Low and slow in a smoker is the only way to go.... Google the three two one method... Only way to do ribs jmo though!

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
D&A Machine Shop said:
I have a grill that I can add the smoker to. I just havent been able to justify that to the boss yet :lol:
That might just happen this weekend though. ;)

Is it gas? if so they sell a little metal box that you put wood chips in and set on top of the burner. Most of your big box stores will carry this item this time of year... Let me know "true" bbq is my passion and specialty!

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
Memphis has the best ribs in the world,no reason to make my own LOL

tyster89

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2008
North of ST Louis MO 30 miles
Excelerater said:
Your are correct!

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
Excelerater said:

Well your opinion is biased, It mostly depends on what kinda sauce you like honestly.... Texas,Memphis Tn,The carolinas, Have the countrys best bbq... The common factors? Low and slow smoked bbq!!!!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!