Ford 8.8 swap into G-body

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
Quick Update on this project.
As I mentioned I am going to design a kit for this swap so here's the update.
I got the GN out of a 2yr hibernation on Friday (it still runs!) and I have a very rough prototype already made for the Ford 8.8 swap into the G-body. I will try to make blueprints this week and get some sample parts lazer cut, etc and see what it looks like. It's still a ways out before I will have parts to sell because of the way I am designing it but it should be real simple to bolt in.

I'm not going into detail at this time on the design but my goal is to have finished parts by mid/late-April and it could be sooner depending on the lead times of the machine shops and plating companies making the parts.

Kevin

A

Anonymous

Awesome, looking forward to more details. Keep up the good work!

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
very nice! you doin this with a foxbody 8.8?
I was thinking about a 8.8 fox cus some guys over here in Germany got these things laying. But I want to keep the GM bolt pattern and also wanted to switch to discs in rear also..

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
Yes, It's with the Mustang 8.8 which is very plentyful, cheap and durable. A lot of Stangs running low 8's and into the 7's with them. I have no clue how popular the swap is right now but there are some that have tried it and it may become more popular in the future but there is major geometry issues that NEED to be taken care of when doing it and this kit should take the guess work out of it.

KS

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
I will be needing an upgrade soon and I like the idea of not thinking \:D/

A

Anonymous

Are you going to sell whole axles or just the brackets and arms for a do it yourself kit? :-k

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!