New Product- A-body 12-Bolt to G-Body Swap Upper Control Arm

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
Hello Members,

UMI Performance is now offering our adjustable upper arms for the A-Body 10/12-Bolt to G-Body swap. Please see in the link below, we also have a non-adjustable version coming soon and complete swap kits with lowers.

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan

http://www.umiperformance.com/3019

3019a.jpg

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Pm sent to you Ryan

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
What is the usable length adjustment range (center to center) from shortest to longest for those bars?

What length are they set at as delivered (again center to center)?

thanks
Todd

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Ryan i am ready to order these now tonight. I sent you a pm

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Hey Ryan, i just recieved the upper and lower control arms and they look great. i can't wait to install all of these parts i got in my garage this weekend. I'll post some vids of my car launching on the new control arms soon.

chevy406

Weekend Racer
Oct 11, 2008
ft pierce,fl
i recently bought a 1980 malibu, it has a pair of after market upper, and lower control arms they arent adjustable, my problem is i want to get a pair of adjustable uppers but im not sure how to tell if i have a 12 bolt from an A body, or if its from a G body how can i tell which control arms in need, my next question i want the car to launch straight and hard, if i get an anti-roll bar do i still need a rear sway bar? and my last question which front shocks have you got the best feed back on, im building this on a very tight buget, will the single adjustable work fine for a car that goes to the track once or twice every three months or should i buy a pair of double adjustable shocks, i have a set of qa1 single adjustables for the rear im taking off my chevy nova, there the same part number, will they work ok for the rear.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
A chevy406 first G-bodies didn't come with 12 bolts. So, it's safe to say that it is probably from an A body. I have one waiting to go in my monte. I am running a single adjustable shock for the front and rear and they work great for me. I know what it is like to be on a very tight budget. I have these and Moroso trick springs front and rear with a bag in the right rear spring. I got a pair of double adjustable upper control arms and single adjustable lowers for UMI and installed them in about 2 hours in my garage by myself and i love them. Ryan from UMI will hook you up with some 12 Bolt uppers to set you straight. Good Luck

chevy406

Weekend Racer
Oct 11, 2008
ft pierce,fl
hey thanks monte406, do you know anyone that has an anti-roll bar, and where they got it from, the cheapest one ive seen so far is from advance chassis and its 200 bucks, not a bad price at all. and are they happy with it.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
No, i don't know of anybody with one. I don't run one either. I would get on montecarloss.com and i know you'll find a bunch on there with them i bet.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!