roll cage

ghostrider

Daily Driver
May 26, 2014
colonia,nj
ihi i have a 80 malibu im looking for shop to install a 12 point cage im still keeping the interior and would like the front bars going behind the dash board i got quoted 3000 for a 12 point installed is this too much or a good price im located in new jersey thx

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I'd say that if its done right and nice then that's a fair price. I put a 10 point in myself and its a big job and i'm still not super happy with it. If I was you I would spend the extra money and time and have the front bars go threw the dash and tucked up close to the pillars. I put mine behind the dash (closer to the driver) and I hate it. It looks ugly to me plus the dash is impossible to remove without cutting. The main problems with going threw the dash is it will interfere with the e-brake pedal and fuse box. However if you are doing a full 12 point with the forward down bars that go threw the firewall then its practically mandatory that the front pillar bars go threw the dash and tucked up to the pillars and firewall. A well designed and thought out cage is worth every penny.
Brian

ghostrider

Daily Driver
May 26, 2014
colonia,nj
thx for the advise yes i like to tuck it near the pillar plus i also have another dash im putting in. has for the ebrake would like to keep it but ill see how ill make it work and the fuse box

shoedoos

Amateur Racer
Jan 10, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!