does anyone drift?

peppers

May 6, 2017
I'm trying the trifecta with my 80. i lightened and boxed the frame, 6point cage and am building a turbo sbc for the 1/4 but i also want handling and maybe even drift the car a few times. i plan to put a 9" rear with disc brakes. really I'm shooting from the hip here looking for all the info i can to build the best mid ground setup that can do all 3. i just want to beat the crap out of the car and let loose the tension that normal driving on the street builds up lol

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
No disrespect intended, but you can't set up a car for drifting and expect it to still handle. They are two almost completely different dynamics. set it up to actually handle well and just use throttle for oversteer...

Tommy

peppers

May 6, 2017
Yea I got ya on that. Just trying to get infobob parts, settings etc so I can find that happy medium

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I think he tried drifting, but he has several videos of auto-x he did with his Malibu, I'm not sure if he still has it... last I knew it was running something like a 406 and T10 trans.

Last edited by a moderator:

peppers

May 6, 2017
Cool. Basically I have my kids all hopped up on dirt everyday, roadkill, hot rod garage. So the overall idea is a build that won't do any one thing great but do multiple things well. My son is going to be 8 so he likes the driving around stuff, my daughter is 12 and has started welding and I'm supervising her tearing down the 350 I have. She is saving to buy herself a jeep a d wants to build it with my help. Cars, keeping kids to broke for drugs lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!