UMI vs. HRpartsNstuff Sway/Anti-Roll Bar

dustin72

Daily Driver
Sep 9, 2016
Alberta Canada
About to order a street/strip sway/anti-roll bar for my '80 Malibu. Choosing between the UMI and HRpartsNstuff bars. Anyone have any recommendations on which one I should get? They both look similar in design and are close in price. Looking for feedback on either one. Thanks.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
I'm not greatly familiar with the HR design but I think they are similar in concept.

We manufacture all the components in our kit in our facility and of US material.

We are currently having a christmas sale that would save you 10% and free shipping$$

If you need any info feel free to give me a call here at the shop.

Craig

focused313

Daily Driver
May 14, 2015
UMI is everywhere on the net, lol. You can make a thread about them on a site about cats and you'll get a response.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I purchased that as well as my entire front suspension from umi and the service was excellent,i had questions when installing that rear bar,they walked me through it.even before i purchased all the front end parts i had questions and they answered all of them.ive never seen the hr bar but the umi's nice stuff

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I'm in Canada. I tried to buy some UMI parts straight from UMI last summer and they made the shipping very difficult for me. To the point where it wasn't worth the hassle. I ended up finding that summit racing was a distributor for UMI and i got the parts i wanted from them and with much cheaper shipping.

BTW - i'm using a Spohn ARB that mounts under the rearend and it works good.

Brian

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
prairiehotrodder said:
I'm in Canada. I tried to buy some UMI parts straight from UMI last summer and they made the shipping very difficult for me. To the point where it wasn't worth the hassle. I ended up finding that summit racing was a distributor for UMI and i got the parts i wanted from them and with much cheaper shipping.

Brian

For what it's worth, we are a small company and can't negotiate shipping like Summit can. We charge actual shipping with no hidden charges and do our best.

We appreciate our customers whether they order direct or through a dealer.

ramey

dustin72

Daily Driver
Sep 9, 2016
Alberta Canada
prairiehotrodder said:

Brian

Yeah, also from Canada. Shipping and the current exchange rate are really making it hard to upgrade my suspension!

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
What is the wall thickness and material on UMI's 1.375" drag bar. HR parts shows a 1.250" diameter 4130 with a .250 wall thickness. We can use strength of materials to determine which one is actually a stiffer bar. though the UMI is adjustable which adds a nice layer of tenability. All things being equal, the .125" larger diameter adds a fair bit of theoretical stiffness over the 1.25".

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!