Play in my steering wheel

widomkr79

Daily Driver
Aug 10, 2010
My car has been plagued with this problem since I bought in 06'. Since then I have replaced upper and lower control arms, all steering arm components and bushings, refurbished steering box, rid the circular padded bushing? on steering rod right before the box, new sway bar and bushings.
I'm stumped and don't know what's left. It is the same amount of play before I changed everything. It's a good amount maybe 10.30 - 1:30 amount of play

Any guidance would be appreciated. Shops here in S. Florida don't see. To be able to correct either

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Have you played with the adjustemnt on the box? I did that on mine and it removed most of the play

focused313

Daily Driver
May 14, 2015
malibuguy said:
Have you played with the adjustemnt on the box? I did that on mine and it removed most of the play

With everything else listed that you've completed, I'd say that would be your best bet. There are two different adjustments to make. I believe there is a user guide on the internet on one of the gbody centered forums (not sure if I can link to them). montecarloss or gbodyforum for sure has a thread about them. The first one seems to just firm up the steering, the second one removes slop.

marcar1993

Nov 9, 2016
You need a second person. Get someone to wiggle the wheel while you watch, starting from the steering shaft down. This method always works for finding slop. Just look to see where there is a disparity in what moves.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!