Spherical control arm bushings

jmali

Daily Driver
Jan 11, 2012
Is anybody using these. The 9" control arm brackets I purchased from Speedway measure 1.825" I.D. The outside diameter of these mounts is 1.922" I.D. Could I safely "clearance" the Speedway brackets to fit these spherical bushings? Has anyone else done this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Yep. I have a set on my 12 bolt. They worked great for me. I didn't realize how bad my uppers were binding up. After I installed them they uncovered another problem my car had that I didn't know about. My rear coil springs were worn out. The old bushings were binding so bad that they had a "spring effect" kind of hard to explain. BUT the old Chevelle 12 blts aren't perfect alignment for g body control arm locations. They helped me a bunch. No downside.

I just read the rest of your post about fitment. Those go in the rear end housing not the control arm. Unless I'm missing something.

jmali

Daily Driver
Jan 11, 2012
Thanks that does help. But to clarify I'm currently setting up a Ford 9". I picked up the swap brackets from speedway as well. They came with bushings installed. I can press them out, no problem. But, the spherical bushings are slightly larger than the upper mount bracket holes. I'm also looking for input about, taking a die grinder to the holes so they press in. I'd only need .100".

Last edited by a moderator:

jmali

Daily Driver
Jan 11, 2012
Could you do me a huge favor? Measure the outside diameter of these upper bushings? It would be greatly appreciated.

jmali

Daily Driver
Jan 11, 2012
I tried to contact that seller to no Avail. I did however contact TRZ. They hooked me up with all the specs I needed. As soon as I get them & trim the upper mounts I'll post pics.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I used them in my 12 bolt a few years back, no problems went right in. They will also fit the factory lower control arms as well .

jmali

Daily Driver
Jan 11, 2012
I bought the TRZ bearings. The TRZ bearings look to have a broader range of motion. The speedway part looks like it will bind up. Plus, TRZ's look a lot nicer than the Speedway bearings. I will have to modify the upper control arm mounts considerably. No worries though, it's nothing my welder can't take care of.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!