alignment shims

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i haven't had my car aligned in many years and was wondering roughly how much does get added?I'm not lining my car up at home but just wondering how much of the upper control arm gets pulled in toward the frame?roughly.thanks.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
You need to actually measure, or at least use a level. Cut a piece of 2x4, etc. to fit in the lips of the wheel itself, then check with a level. It won't be perfect, but it will keep your tires from destroying themselves prematurely.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
thanks,I'm not actually driving the car or anything the amount it gets pushed in and out of the shop there's no tire rubbing.just wondering that's all.thanks.

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
melloelky said:
i haven't had my car aligned in many years and was wondering roughly how much does get added?I'm not lining my car up at home but just wondering how much of the upper control arm gets pulled in toward the frame?roughly.thanks.

that's your camber adjustment..be sure the car, especially the front area, is 100% complete..

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
1978AL said:
melloelky said:

that's your camber adjustment..be sure the car, especially the front area, is 100% complete..
thank you.i know what it is,i know what it does,i'm not going to be actually putting any shims on it,i know the car has to be @full weight all i'm asking is there an inch or so of shims front/back on the control arm there?

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
melloelky said:
1978AL said:
melloelky said:

thank you.i know what it is,i know what it does,i'm not going to be actually putting any shims on it,i know the car has to be @full weight all i'm asking is there an inch or so of shims front/back on the control arm there?

sorry man...not sure i follow? are you asking whats typically there in stock form or?

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
yes please,is it usually a large stack like 5-6 bigger shims?sorry about that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!