80 malibu sit on the fenders. how do i make it stop!!!!

WARDO97531

Jun 27, 2013
I bought a 1980 Malibu a few years back and am in the process of making it a drag car. I have a big block...aluminum heads.. power glide... and 8.5 t-type rear end. the car is sitting on 275-60-15 drag radials. the car literally sags and the fenders scrub my tires. I have brand new factory oem car springs from my napa. also just put in Viking double adjustable shocks. I was hoping my springs were worn out and replacing them would fix the sag. I did that today....same problem. any of you guys have this problem???

WARDO97531

Jun 27, 2013
the inner lip has been cut out. my car came factory with a 4.4 (267) v8. i put those springs back in it. i didnt think the rear had a big difference as far as big and small block springs. i know that an 1980 malibu never came with a big block. so what springs should i use. think that would fix the problem?

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Which end are u having the scrubbing on? Front or rear? Sounds like the rear if I understood correctly. Could it be rubbing due to incorrect backspace? If u would like to gain 1-1.5 inches, get wagon springs. I know this since I own a wagon and it had sedan springs in it originally. I ordered wagon springs and my ride height went up 1.25". Mayb u could return the new springs u just bought and they'll do an even exchange if that's the way u want to go. Just a suggestion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,550

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
Grcrygtr44 said:
Which end are u having the scrubbing on? Front or rear? Sounds like the rear if I understood correctly. Could it be rubbing due to incorrect backspace? If u would like to gain 1-1.5 inches, get wagon springs. I know this since I own a wagon and it had sedan springs in it originally. I ordered wagon springs and my ride height went up 1.25". Mayb u could return the new springs u just bought and they'll do an even exchange if that's the way u want to go. Just a suggestion.

x2 Thats how I understood it.(REAR) What he said ^

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts