new springs

1sickboo

Daily Driver
Apr 24, 2012
woodbridge va
im wanting to order new trick front springs and dont have scales to weigh the front of my car its a 79 malibu no interior glass bumpers no fenderwells aluminum headed small block 12 point cage anyone have about the same setup or have a suggestions please let me know thanks

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Dont buy them! Stock v6 non a/c springs are the way to go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,525

1Gary

Amateur Racer
May 8, 2013
Roch,NY
Just curious.Same case if it's a BBC for the v6 springs??.

Has anyone incorporated a spring mod with dropped spindles and tube a-frames and a-frame stops??. I see abunch of guys with wheelstands.Is there alot of bounce rebound when the car come down?How does the V6 springs hold up with a SBC??. The idea of the dropped spindles is to force alittle more lift in the front end on foot brake racing.

1Gary

Amateur Racer
May 8, 2013
Roch,NY
1Gary said:
Just curious.Same case if it's a BBC for the v6 springs??.

Has anyone incorporated a spring mod with dropped spindles and tube a-frames and a-frame stops??. I see abunch of guys with wheelstands.Is there alot of bounce rebound when the car come down?How does the V6 springs hold up with a SBC??. The idea of the dropped spindles is to force alittle more lift in the front end on foot brake racing.

Somthin I said???. Sorry guys.

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Aluminum headed sbc, ran v6 springs for yrs, ran 90/10s for long time until this yr when I switched to strange adjs. car comes down nicely with no bounce. I have tubular upper & lowers with no bump stops. I have 1/2 coil cut off to achieve desired ride height. Don't have drop spindles though.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts