has anyone installed the lca relocation brackets?

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
If so ,did you notice a difference in traction or lower 60ft times? Do they work?

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
Our Customers have had great results from ours on their 60 ft times. I suggest welding your brackets in place even if they are bolt on brackets.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Malibu 361 said:
If so ,did you notice a difference in traction or lower 60ft times? Do they work?

They work.

This summer I need to do some single variable testing and try to come up with some 60' time data. Often when we build a car we just naturally include them so the data is kind of hard to come by.

I do know that many customers are thrilled with the forward traction relo's provide.

ramey

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Finished installing mine this past weekend. The rear of the car seems bouncier when it's not in the stock location. I also installed adjustable uppers with delrin bushings, an anti roll bar from Spohn, and was on my Nitto drag radials in 45° weather, so I'll let you know if they help at the track.

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
GM High Tech just did an article on our lift bars, which are basically just a set of boxed control arms and relocation brackets. This was on a Grand National and they told me the car achieved its best 60-foot ever with the lift bars installed. Unfortunately the article isn't out yet so I don't know all the details.

Like Ramey mentioned our customers have great results but off course set up with vary results. They work great on lowered cars too.

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
Relocation brackets are an ok investment for the novice racer with a mid-10 to mid-12 second car. They can also be useful on cars that are majorly lowered to get the LCA geometry back to a more desirable position. However, that doesn't help the geometry of the UCA, which is just as important.

G-bodies have excellent rear control arm geometry from the factory and if you are more than a novice racer and know some of the basic tips and tricks to make these cars hook, relocation brackets are wasted money and unnecessary weight.

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
5-door said:
Relocation brackets are an ok investment for the novice racer with a mid-10 to mid-12 second car. They can also be useful on cars that are majorly lowered to get the LCA geometry back to a more desirable position. However, that doesn't help the geometry of the UCA, which is just as important.

G-bodies have excellent rear control arm geometry from the factory and if you are more than a novice racer and know some of the basic tips and tricks to make these cars hook, relocation brackets are wasted money and unnecessary weight.

I'm WAY interested in hearing about some of those basic tricks to make a g-body hook. I'm guessing the relocation brackets are part of the equation. Am I wrong.

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
nawlins-tim said:
5-door said:

I'm WAY interested in hearing about some of those basic tricks to make a g-body hook. I'm guessing the relocation brackets are part of the equation. Am I wrong.
If you read my previous post carefully, you'll see that I basically said the relocation brackets are a waste of money.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
5-door said:
nawlins-tim said:
5-door said:

If you read my previous post carefully, you'll see that I basically said the relocation brackets are a waste of money.
i think Tim was looking to hear more about how to make these cars hook.people like Tim and myself included are less than novices and don't know some of the basic tips and tricks to make these cars hook,but knowing that relocation brackets maybe be wasted money and unnecessary weight for those of us just starting out and not going very fast/hooking well is a good place to start.for instance i was always under the impression that they like some other products out there work better on cars that are on the slower side,once your making so big power not so much.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!