Front Sway bar improving 60 foot times

orange87gp

Daily Driver
Jun 23, 2010
I thought I would share my recent trip to the drag strip. I reinstalled the stock front sway bar with no other changes to the car, to improve its streetability. My 60 foot time improved by .08 and total ET dropped by .15 with no change in MPH. The car still pulls the left front wheel about 6". Has anyone had improvements in 60 foot with adding a front sway bar. BTW I have Morosso trick front springs and Koni Spal shocks. Best ET now of 11.79

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
most people disconnect the front sway bar to aid in weight transfer to the rear of the car during launch.

hooking it up and going better is news to me. Did you test on the same day to verify?

orange87gp

Daily Driver
Jun 23, 2010
I wish I had disconnected to see if the 60 foot time went back up. The car weight transfers extremely well with the bar on and off. I am thinking there was wasted motion in the suspension travel without the sway bar and with the sway bar connected it limits the travel and wasted motion. I have heard of super stockers that pull big wheelies don't yank the front end straight up it is more of an arc. I think that is what is happening here but on a much reduced scale. The next time I run the car I will do a test with it connected and disconnected to see if there is a difference.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Try get someone to shoot a close up video of the car launching so you can see the motion of the car too. Especially before and after.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!