rear end/suspension cracking sound need help

ramjet malibu

Apr 23, 2013
lynwood,ca
So i swapped my stock rear end with one my bro gave me its a full posi 3.73 gears i swapped everything when i say everything i mean upper and lower arms and 2" lowering eibach springs and isolaters 2 days later i have a cracking sound only at slow speeds of 1 to 10 mph and mostly as im turning into a street or backing up into my driveway i havnt gotten a chance to open up the diff, i turned the wheels by hand and i dont hear no noise also lifted the cars on stands andput it in gears drive and reverse and still no noise just as i drive i even changed both u joints i need some help

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
If its a clutch posi it needs a bottle of friction modifier that's made for these posi units. Put it in and make 10 tight turns to the right and then 10 turn to the left.

ramjet malibu

Apr 23, 2013
lynwood,ca
Ok as soon as im able too ill do so, can i buy a bottle of the modifier at auto zone its my first time dealing with a posi, and i hope that might be the issue because i do recall my bro saying he had flushed the diff and put in some limited slip fluid in it

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts