Flex plate bolts

85elco

Aug 24, 2017
I was wondering if any body can advise me on this issue
I have built a 383 strokes for my 85 elcamino and the new flex plate bolts from arp that I purchased seems to have to wide of tops on them can't get a socket completely down on them back of crank interferes with trying to tourqe we them done .

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
First off is it a one or two piece seal crank. The older two piece seal cranks took a larger bolt head. Later one piece seal cranks used a stepped headed bolt. Also it sounds like you got the bolts for a flywheel and not for a flex plate. Longer for the fly wheel and shorter for the flex plate.

85elco

Aug 24, 2017
YAV8 said:
First off is it a one or two piece seal crank. The older two piece seal cranks took a larger bolt head. Later one piece seal cranks used a stepped headed bolt. Also it sounds like you got the bolts for a flywheel and not for a flex plate. Longer for the fly wheel and shorter for the flex plate.

It is a one piece roller block from the year 1998 I have called arp and they can't even tell me what is the problem .
You could be exactly right about these bolts it not the length I having a problem with its the size of the head on the bolt.
I will do some more investigation on these bolts and get back with you ,I have talked with other guys about this and know one has said anything about two different sizes for one or two piece rear main seal.
Thanks for your advise
85 elco
Ps if any one could advise me on my other post about wire identifying I have looked at the Malibu racing
Diagrams and I am still a little confused about where the tach wire from the summit ignition box hooks to , I am trying to use stock in the dash cluster tach gage.
Thanks again 85 elco

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!