EFI Baseline - Components

ssbrewskyaz

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Arizona

I'm near the point of getting serious about my engine so I'm looking for some information relative to component baseline for modifications necessary to run E85 fuel. I know there's a lot of guys on here that run carburetors but that's not for me on this build.

Really just looking for some tribal knowledge on lessons learned regarding what not to do on an injected mouse motor on E85.

I get that all the rubber has to be ethanol rated to survive the fuel. I’ve got a tuner guy that can reprogram the ECM. I’m sure there has to be something I haven’t considered.

Really not looking for conjecture on how the combination will or won’t work. I know it works, I just don’t know how it will work on E85.

My combination is as follows:

302 4 bolt main block (4" bore x 3" stroke)

Forged steel crankshaft

Pink rods with free floating pins

Forged pistons 13.5 -1 compression ratio

Complete roller setup (cam, lifters, aluminum 1.5:1 rockers etc.) (I don’t have the cam profile nailed down yet, key piece of missing information -I know)

Aluminum heads with 62 cc ports, valves are 2.000 intake and 1.550 exhaust

Corvette exhaust header manifolds

Ported and polished Tuned Port Injection (1991 speed density) with Scoggin Dickey intake and TPI oversize runners.

Not real sure on the injector pounds. I have two different sets and am unclear how to determine what they are. One set was flowed by AZ Speed & Marine so I suspect that’s the set I’ll start with.

Transmission is a Borg Warner T5

Rear Axle is an 8.5 gear type posi with a 4:11 ratio

Why reinvent the wheel? I'm not too proud to ask. ...

Scott. ...

:arrow: 8) :arrow: :) :arrow: 8-[ :arrow:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!