Trying to get consistency out of my e85 carb

willtow

Daily Driver
Jul 9, 2012
Over the winter I switched to e85 had carb professionaly built runs great did right out of box but I've got a consistency issue the slightest change in air the car changes numbers rapidly yesterday at track ran 2 different full races yesterday made 9 passes air temps between 73-79 humidity between 42-56% car ran all over the place from 7.61 to 7.70 where I was watching every one around me running dead on a couple lost 1 number when night air got good but all in all dead on that's part of the reason I switched to e85 was the dead on consistency with everyone around me I watched was dead on all time no matter the weather unless it was a major change in temp/air and I do mean major ....I lost race because of the inconsistency issue what I'm trying to figure out is do I tune it like gas and start dropping jets 1 at a time until it gets right?running same combo as last year that ran pretty darn consistent for gas it would've dropped 1 number in the changes yesterday ....any opinions I've been checking plugs regularly they look good a little rich at idle but overall good

Grcrygtr44

Frequent Racer
Feb 1, 2013
Ontario Ny
Footbrake or transbrake? How's your 60's? Do u give er a cpl rips to clean er out before u stage? And if u do, do u do it the same everytime? Just tryin to get an idea of what ya got goin on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,843

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
Tuning w/ an 02 senser will get you spot on with your tune, and a good weather station will tell you what to dial your car to. Were you @ Martin??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!