I think I'll make the change.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
Now I'm running gas with just a Holley blue pump and a 850 carb on a 415 SBC
A friend has a alky carb for sale that he has ran so should be good to go.
What are you guys using for pumps?
Do you guys run any kind of return on your fuel or a bypass regulator?

jeff shick

Daily Driver
Nov 1, 2005
lawrenceville,il
i run a magnafuel 300 pump that has a bypass on the pump, my cutlass runs 6.40s in the 1/8. when i changed to alcohol i sent my gas carb to george rupert to have it converted, all i had to do was set the fuel pressure and go. by far the best improvment i ever made.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
give a pm to Nightstalker, from what I read on here he is quite knowledgable in this area.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
I run an A2000 Aeromotive pump. The pump has a return port on it thats runs to the cell. The regulator I am using is a magnafuel large 2 port and is deadhead.

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
Just became an alcoholic and it was plug and play. Not using the pump by-pass, going to a fuel log w/ a regulator at the end back to the tank.

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
Good info.
From what I've been reading, you need low(9) psi at idle and high (12) wide open.
Is this true?
If so, how are you doing it?
I can understand doing this with a manual pump, more RPMs=more psi.
But with an electric pump I don't see how.
The 1:1 Vacuum referencing regulator?
aeromotive_A1000-6_Regulator.jpg

jeff shick

Daily Driver
Nov 1, 2005
lawrenceville,il
rupert sets his stuff up to run 7 1/2 lbs of fuel pressure all the time. the circle track guys use the low and high pressure mostly. what was the setup on the car this carb came off of ? differant carb builders like differant fuel pressure, you might see who built the carb and see what they recommend.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
mine is set at 7psi at the regulator on the fender. The regulator at the pump is set at 20. I have not looked at my pressure gauge at the big end to see what the pressure is but i dont have any issues running it this way.

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
lilbowtie said:
Just became an alcoholic and it was plug and play. Not using the pump by-pass, going to a fuel log w/ a regulator at the end back to the tank.

Just had an unbelievable week-end. Went to the finals on Sat (lost w/a red) Three rounds Sun before the rain (split) And won on Mon.

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
Good job. That's a good weekend.
6 1/2 to 7 lbs. fuel pressure with my Quick-Fuel alcohol carb. (ProStar 500 pump) Same pressure as I ran with gas.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!