My methenol swap progress (Videos inside page 3)

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Well, got my fuel cell raised 3 inches. Should be plenty for the pump being in the trunk. Have the new regulartor mounted and pump/filter mounted. Have the feed hose from the trunk to the regulator routed and some of the smaller lines fully plumbed. Still waiting on my new carb to show up. It is supposed to be here on the 9th. Maybe just maybe I can have this beast fired up by Friday and make the Saturday race. I still have to build a leanout valve, get new slicks mounted. It was very odd mounting the A2000 pump so the plumbing may not be pretty but will be functional lol.

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
Re: My methenol swap progress

Malibu355 said:
. I still have to build a leanout valve,

Go to Lowes or Depot and get one of those ball valves with the handle for air and 2 hose fittings and some 3/8 or 1/2 line depending on the fittings your using..

malibujackson

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2008
middleton,ma

What is the benefit of running methenol. Im still a newb in how to make alot power and im starting to learn all the little tricks now.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas

im a newb at it too but from what i understand the benefits over gasoline are more power, cheaper than race fuel and the fuel is more forgiving to weather changes than gasoline which means more consistant.
Thats what i hear anyway.... hopefully will find out this weekend.

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area

Malibu355 said:
im a newb at it too but from what i understand the benefits over gasoline are more power, cheaper than race fuel and the fuel is more forgiving to weather changes than gasoline which means more consistant.
Thats what i hear anyway.... hopefully will find out this weekend.

Those are the same benefits I have heard about it. Let us know, I'll be watching this thread :D

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas

will post up what i found as long as its not embarassing lol.

Made some more headway today. Finished up all the lines and fittings with the exception of the lines from the reg to the carb. I should have possesion of the new carb tomorrow and then I will make the two lines missing. Maybe I can get this thing lit off on Thursday and make some test passes Friday night [-o<

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL

And your engine will run COOL no matter how hot the air temp is. That is providing that it is tuned in the ballpark.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas

Ok, carb came in today and I mounted it and finished plumbing the lines. will get some alcohol tomorrow and lite her off and see how it runs. Check and adjust pressures as needed. Providing it runs good i will then change the oil from last season and shoot to make it out Friday night for some testing. Will look for the 7-10* increase for the tune.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!