E98 to Alcohol

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Just bought a new street/strip '79 Malibu with some older fuel injection. Owner runs E98 with the current setup, but I am wanting to make the switch to Alcohol. We have another car in the fleet that runs Alcohol, so would be easier for us. Another reason is E98 is not to common in the Midwest (Missouri) area. Car already has A1000 with braided line running to the front.
Motor is SBC with RHS heads and solid roller cam.

Give me some information on making the switch. Turn up fuel pressure? Put a carb on the car?

Thanks,
Cory
________

cherp22

Top Fueler
Apr 12, 2004
Roxana, IL
I actually switched from alcohol to e98, takes less time to heat up, less corrosive in my opinion, and I can get the drums right here in St Louis cheaper than alcohol, but I run e85 in my other car so I am kind of the same way you are about using the same fuel type. I know when Tim at Ultimate Speed and Machine converted mine we had to drill out a few passages and drop the jet for sure. I think I had 210's in my carb and am in the 160 range on e98. I did not change anything on the fuel system but I have a Magnafuel 500 with a 13202 aeromotive regulator so it worked with both and my fuel pressure is a little lower. I have a prosystems engine friendly alky fuel regulator if you go carb that I will sell cheap if you are interested. With 8 passes so far it has ran the same et that it did on alky.

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Thanks cherp, I will be in contact with you about some more info if needed. We have the whole winter to make a move, so going to look at total package and make a decision from there.

Cory

Kryleo

Jul 27, 2018
California,Santa Clara
toilets are primitive, which makes them neat..the switch is easy tho if you have injection, from e-85 to methanol..is that a mech pump, or some electric deal..F. I. doesnt like steady pumps..wont work

if the fuel system is electric, a carb would be easiest..describe the injectors on the car

i am going the opposite way..from methanol to e-85, and from methanol to gasoline..i got a box full of injector parts, but always looking to trade for more..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!