How to remove turn signal lever

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I have two 78 Buick Regal steering tilt columns. One has something going on with the actuator and the other the tilt is loose. How do you get the turn signal lever out? The lever is the light dimmer switch and cruise control. I removed the bar that connects to the signal switch. Stil can't see a way to remove the lever.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
If it has the wiper controls on that lever too you don't have to remove it to tighten the tilt screws. You remove the steering wheel,lock plate and cancel cam, there is a screw holding a small lever on the turn switch that is actuated by the turn lever. Just FYI if you have never tightened the screws for a lose tilt column before you are in for pita. Ive probably fixed a hundred over the years, with all the right tools, it still takes me about an hour to fix one right.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
As far as I know there isn't a wiper switch on it. I have a second column that looks the same but has a problem with start actuator. All the screws are removed, but haven't figured out how to remove the turn signal lever. I haven't ever adjusted tilt either. I might need a lot of help to get it right. Thanks for your help.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!