How to Take This Trim Piece Off???

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Hi guys...The previous owner of my Malibu had the entire interior covered in black vinyl YEARS ago, and while at the time, it probably looked great, it's been so long the vinyl is peeling away from all the panels. I stripped the vinyl off the kick panels and re dyed them black, and they turned out great. Now, I'm going to remove the trim that connects the a pillar to the b pillar (at the very top, along the headliner), but they will not budge. I know they are metal, and I know the clips that hold them on are called "headliner clips", but is there a tool I should be using, or a specific order these have to come off it? I thought I can leave the a and b pillar trim installed, and just slide these off, but they aren't moving. Do I just yank them off, lol??? Thanks for the help....
-Mike

O. D. Showtime

Top Fueler
Nov 23, 2003
Regina SK Canada
It's been awhile...but what I found worked for me is to stand with the door open and grab the tirm on the inside edge, pull towards yourself and lower the edge facing you, once that side is free, push back the other way and it will come off. By pulling towards you it releases the trim from the clip.

I have pics of the clip but I can't get on image shack at work here. I also have a bunch of clips if you break any.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Thanks for the reply. I will try that tomorrow when I go work on the car again. I appreciate it :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!