Intellitronix Universal Dash in Sweep style Cluster

viking165301

Daily Driver
Nov 23, 2013
Ok, I am currently in the process of installing an Intellitronix Universal 6 Gauge LED Dash Cluster in my 81 El Camino. I currently have the sweep style speedometer dash pod. I should be receiving the item this week and I have already started the dis-assembly process of my old cluster.
Here are the pictures of the unit I purchased.

I will update with photos once I complete the process. This should be interesting.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
BOWTIEKID said:
I'm interested to see how this turns out, I'm curious how you will get the speedo to work though?
if you look @his picture,the second item down on the right is a hall effect switch,that is a sender that replaces the speedo cable,it sends the signal from the trans mechanical speedo @the tail shaft to the new electronic speedometer.

wwoodley

Daily Driver
Jan 30, 2016
Freeport, TX
Saw this on a search and thought I would join and post a video on this gauges. I installed them in a 1978 El Camino with a long speedo. Youtube video below. Installation was not to bad. Intellitronix is sending me out some replacement gauges, when they do I will do a few videos on the install. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will subscribe to this thread or you can just comment on the youtube video.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!