ACC making some changes

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I called ACC requesting some samples of gray carpet for my 83 wagon over a year ago. They sent me 4 samples and 1 of them was a real close match. I had planned on replacing all the carpet in the car but plans were put on hold due to other things going on in life. On Thursday I called ACC to ask them it they made a "backless" style carpet that I could use in the cargo area. Turns out ACC has discontinued the color that I needed. It was 7705 Fern Gray. At the time that was the closest to the original carpet color that they had already discontinued earlier. Now Im waiting for 4 more samples to see if I can get something that will work with the color of my interior. The woman also told me theyre doing away with latex backing and going over to all poly backed.
I was told that theyre doing away with a lot of older colors that arent popular so if you guys want to buy carpet you might not want to wait much longer.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
I have used dove grey 877 a few times and I like the color match.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I just got the samples this morning and one of them looks like it will work. Its 807 dark gray. Im getting some samples Ozite carpet from yourautotrim.com to see if I can get a close match. The stuff in the cargo area looks like Ozite from the pictures. I have no idea of what the shop used since it was done over 12 years ago and the shops out of business. Its not cut pile and it has no backing but the color is a 95% match. It was also used on the rear seat backs, just glued on. They put a gray vinyl border or edge on it all the way around. Its nice just really faded. I should have the samples by Monday at the latest.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts