Lower door panel fix

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Have any of you guys fixed the channel that the upper panel goes into ? Im sure you all know the problem since it seems to happen easily. The channel pulls away from the little melted over posts that hold it together. I picked up a couple of door panels at a yard today and the better of the two needs to have the channel repaired. I was thinking about cleaning it real well and using an epoxy. There isnt enough plastic there to try to melt over. Also, what the heck takes off the glue from the old carpet ? Im using a heat gun to get the carpet off but theres still quite a bit of glue left.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
I have just used epoxy to put the channel back on, and have not had any troulbe out of them after that. And as far as getting the glue off, I just use a razor scrapper, and take my time.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
No special brand, just a 2 part epoxy is all I use. I get it from our local autobody supply store, and they have 3 different brands, and I just use what they have.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Just an update for you Junior. I used a 2 part epoxy to fix the posts. I took care of the one that had popped plus I covered all the others on both panels just to give them a little extra strength. Looks like they came out okay. I also got all the glue off using wax and grease remover that I had in the cabinet. I poured some in the recessed area where the carpet goes and let it sit for 15 minutes. It softened the glue up and a little rubbing took it all off. Looks like Im spraying it all tomorrow.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
What would you like to see ? The fixed panels or before and after changing the color ?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!