PUI door panels and seat covers

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Im thinking about buying a complete interior made by PUI for my Malibu instead of having the seats redone by a shop. It looks like nice stuff on a few sites but has anyone actually used them in their car ? How do the seats and door panels fit ? Anyone have a black interior that they could post pictures of ?

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Mike said:
Im thinking about buying a complete interior made by PUI for my Malibu instead of having the seats redone by a shop. It looks like nice stuff on a few sites but has anyone actually used them in their car ? How do the seats and door panels fit ? Anyone have a black interior that they could post pictures of ?

Pretty Useless Interiors... Poor quality.

PUI3.jpg

PUI1.jpg

Every seat cover I installed from them I had to work on them before installing.

Here is a 84 cutty seat I did.

Cutlass008.jpg

Cutlass007.jpg

Cutlass006.jpg

Cutlass004.jpg

79Cutty2.jpg

79Cutty1.jpg

Not the factory look, but the owner like them better than the PUI covers he had. The seats had not been steamed or had a heat gun used at the time of pic.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
x2..........what he ^ said!
IF you run into a problem you are on your own.........

My experience with them is a headliner for my Malibu that dd not fit/I had to trim it and they were no help. I've seen one of their carpets for an early Chevelle..........not very nice at all imo.

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I bought the rear seat vinyl covers from PUI for my Malibu. Matched the factory perfect for fit and finish. Quality is great. I had an upholstery shop install them but I cannot complain.

DonM

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Well now the plan may be changing again. At first I was going to stick with the same color thats in my car now (Jadestone). Then I thought about doing it in black with the stuff from PUI. My buddy came over tonight and after listeing to him I just might do it in a 2 tone gray. This kind of stuff makes me crazy. I mean really crazy.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
DonM said:
I bought the rear seat vinyl covers from PUI for my Malibu. Matched the factory perfect for fit and finish. Quality is great. I had an upholstery shop install them but I cannot complain.

DonM

You got lucky, I quit installing anything from PUI. Everything was poorly sewn, missing stitchesin 8-10" sections, or just too small. And the down side to it is, they are the only company re-popping seat covers for gbodies. And the pic I posted of the green seat cover, was only stitched about every 6"(6" of stiching, then nothing..etc etc). Poor quality control.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!