Monte bucket seat track question

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Im putting Monte SS buckets in my 81. I bought the repro floor brackets from Mikes Montes. Ive got both seats stripped down to the metal seat pans. I attached the tracks to the bottom pans the other day so I could see where the floor brackets have to get welded and for some reason the seats look like theyre to close to the doors and they are offset. I looked at the tracks and I think theyre correct. The adjusting track is on the left side of both seats. The fronts of all four tracks have a single hole and the rears have two. Anyone have any ideas or have any of you guys run into this before ? Does anyone have a set of Monte buckets out of the car that they could take a picture of the tracks for me ?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
the adjuster for the passengers seat should be on the right side nearest the door. Sounds like you have two drivers side seat tracks. The outside floor mounts are the same for a bucket seat car and a bench seat car. Here's my floor with the "new" inner mounts welded in place.

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

Dont have any of just the seat tracks though
DSCF1534.jpg

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Thanks for the reply. I called Mike from Mikes Montes and he told me how it should look. I had a total of 6 tracks and I should have used the 2 extras instead of what I thought was correct.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
All seat tracks are not the same. The full bench, split bench, and buckets use different tracks.

I had posted all part numbers some months ago, but the thread has been removed.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
t5montecarlo said:
All seat tracks are not the same. The full bench, split bench, and buckets use different tracks.

I had posted all part numbers some months ago, but the thread has been removed.

What?
I have used bench seat tracks on buckets many times over the past 25+ years, and never had any issues with them. Just shorten the release wire.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts