Center Speaker Replaceemnt

gmtofd

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2004
Central Jersey
One of the upgrades for the interior is to replace the stock center speaker, with some sort of multi speaker setup that will fit in the location of the present single speaker. Was wondering if anyone out there found something that wil work?

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
This is what i did instead of a dual voice cone replacemant speaker, through Custom Audio Sound. Pioneer 3-way 3.5 speakers.

Attachments

• 0305131423.jpg
    0305131423.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,030

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
I taced out old speaker onto 1/8 inch aluminum. Then traced new speakers onto it and cut all of it on my scrowl saw. Cuts easy and rigid enough to hold speakers.

gmtofd

Dragway Regular
Jul 16, 2004
Central Jersey
Thanks for the response on the dual speaker setup.

Does the set-up sound okay?

Would you have done anything different?

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Sounds great!! No differant if I were to put them in lower door. Still have the bounce of sound and differant musical instrumants from left to right. Everything is invisable to the naked eye too.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Personally I want to use it as an actual center (mono) speaker (all the newer cars are using them, really helps with imaging), and run a pair of speakers in the doors. The ends (GP dash) have perforations like it has a place for speakers, but I didn't find any way to mount them under the pad.

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Thats wierd there is no speakers, but perferation in dash is there? Wonder if the dash came from another car? Still if the places are there it should have the area on each side of the perferated area for screws to go up inte I would think. Thats wierd

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Wow, thats going to look nice. Don't know to much about Pontiac, my specialty is building Malibu's. Never used any parts from pontiac, I hear they have a awsome jounce bar set up though.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!