Interior Malibu questions

DixonK

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
How can I restore this dashboard, cheap and easy? I want it to be black and Clean!
img1022v.jpg

Should I change seats or try to restore them, if so, how much will it cost to restore, is there a cheap way to do it?
The sidedoors aswell!

img1021lk.jpg

Don't know if this is supposed to be here but this plastic thingy (don't know what its called) when I shift gear from park, drive, reverse etc it doesn't show because the plastic thingy is broken, is there a way to fix this or do I need to buy a new one?

img1019dy.jpg

Thanks in advance (I'm completely new regarding cars by the way, Malibu is my first car ever)

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
How bad is the dashboard? they make covers for them if the center is rotted and cracked like they all are, and as far as the seats go either buy different ones or they make new covers if you want to keep it original

DixonK

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2012
Sweden, Gothenburg
The dashboard ain't that bad, no cracks or anything it's just that the guy I bought the car from has done a terrible job painting the dashboard from Green which I think is original to black, on a hot day the paint get sticky which is quite annoying, also he didn't paint the whole dashboard from the looks of it he did the painting while the dashboard was installed in the car so he probably used some shitty spraycan while sitting in the car, I want to do it better!

Only thing broken is the plastic thing by the steering thing!

If I keep the original front seats / backseat where can I buy covers?
Thanks for your reply!

Best regards from Sweden,
Dixon

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
The shroud under the dash should push back up and snap into the column, unless you are missing some of the tabs. They are not very expensive to replace and only come in black.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!