rear speaker deck and trim

bbaehr22x

Dragway Regular
Mar 21, 2005
North Ridgeville, ohio
Can someone show me what was originally on the rear speaker deck? Was it carpeted? Also I am guessing there is supposed to be a trim piece between the rear glass and the speaker deck. Mine was damaged in a fire years ago, and its really bothering me now.

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
The original was like a painted cardboard type material and yes there is a thin metal strip that goes betweem the rear speaker deck and the glass,dont have pics right now but might try to post some for you later

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
The rear cardboard would be hard to find in good condition but are available new at original parts group for around $50,not sure about quality yet I'm getting ready to buy one myself.The rear interior trim shouldn't be too hard to find,I think there are a couple available around here in Dayton at some junk yards

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
jsiler said:
The rear cardboard would be hard to find in good condition but are available new at original parts group for around $50,not sure about quality yet I'm getting ready to buy one myself.The rear interior trim shouldn't be too hard to find,I think there are a couple available around here in Dayton at some junk yards

I bought my rear speaker shelf cardboard from Dixie Monte Carlo Depot. VERY NICE quality. Had vinyl and foam sewn into it that folds back behind rear seat. I believe you have your choice of solid or perforated for speaker grill. I orderd mine solid and cut out the holes I needed for my speakers. You can get your choice of colors. Highly recommend.

As far as the metal trim, try EBAY, I see them on there from time to time. Somebody on this website should be able to help you out, try posting on the parts wanted forum. Good luck.
DSC04565.jpg

DSC04564.jpg

DonM

jsiler

Dragway Regular
Nov 6, 2009
Dayton, OH
Thanks for the info on that Don.I like hearing that somebody has used and is happy with a part before buying one.I will definately check them out at Dixie Monte Carlo Depot before I buy one.I wasnt sure about that vinyl piece already being installed on the one i saw at original parts group but is definately the way to go.Looks good in your car too!

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
jsiler said:
Thanks for the info on that Don.I like hearing that somebody has used and is happy with a part before buying one.I will definately check them out at Dixie Monte Carlo Depot before I buy one.I wasnt sure about that vinyl piece already being installed on the one i saw at original parts group but is definately the way to go.Looks good in your car too!
I think it would be nice to have a forum at times for people to leave reviews on products they buy. I mean there are alot of resto parts out there now, some good some bad. I am always surfing through the posts on this site to find out what people are buying and what luck they are having or what they think of the products. Likewise I am always glad to leave my opinions of products.

Still waiting for someones review of the reproduction doors before I buy. LOL.

DonM

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!