4 Door Front Window Channels?

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
I bought some window channels that were universal, and they're junk. Letting water, air etc. in. Does anyone make the parts specific for our cars?

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
83LSWagon said:
I bought some window channels that were universal, and they're junk. Letting water, air etc. in. Does anyone make the parts specific for our cars?

I got mine at a local glass supply wholesaler, they made them off of my old ones. They work like a champ.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Jr,
the glass guy that you dealt with actually made new window channel units using your old parts?
Was he able to bond the corners together like the OEM parts? In other words, he was able to replicate the factory parts?
I thought the only option we had was to buy the running lengths of channel, cut and piece them together in the corners.
Could you provide more info?

My old channels are pretty wasted.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Longroof79 said:
Jr,
the glass guy that you dealt with actually made new window channel units using your old parts?
Was he able to bond the corners together like the OEM parts? In other words, he was able to replicate the factory parts?
I thought the only option we had was to buy the running lengths of channel, cut and piece them together in the corners.
Could you provide more info?

My old channels are pretty wasted.

He used a straight run of channel to make them with, they are not a 100% factory match, but real close and look better than I had to start with.
He made a pie cut in them to make the corners, then soldiered(sp?) the joints together. They are still 1 piece instead of being pieced together. I have the car in storage out at a family members, will try and get out there and get pic's of them.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Thanks Jr,
I kinda figured he probably did some kind of mitre or pie cut in the corners.
If you look at the original pieces, it looks like there a few different size channels that are fused together. Just one of my observations.
I'd like to do it as close to OEM as possible so I'll never have to do them again.

Thanks again for your input.

ssbrewskyaz

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Arizona
We are talking about this at length currently on the G-Body Forum.com. My post with photos and part numbers is here.

Personally, I would have Juniors glass shop make them for me if he’ll give up his source. How about it Junior, got a name, number, and address?

ssbrewskyaz, ... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 8-[

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!