Interior rear lower panel help!!!!!!

pat1979 malibu

Daily Driver
Jul 16, 2010
Mount Ephraim,NJ
Hey guys, has anyone ever taken out and reinstalled the rear lower interior trim panels? I'm trying to find out how to remove with the seat belts running through ( it looks like you have to take the seatbelt apart to remove?????????Any help would be great> Thanks

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
This should help.
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67677

pat1979 malibu

Daily Driver
Jul 16, 2010
Mount Ephraim,NJ
I'll try that ,Thanks for your help!

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
Save yourself some time - cut the panel 'behind' the seatbelt. It won't show after the panel is re-installed. I used a pair of these to snip the panel.

$%28KGrHqV,%21ncE9fjwjl5uBPmbjWYFtw%7E%7E60_12.JPG

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
if you take the cover off the buckle, it will fit through the opening in the panel. That is how i re-installed after cutting the original belts. Now my new/used belts had a plastic cover instead of the original chrome metal cover, so they might be a little trickier to get off, but they do come off as I took some off at a junkyard

pat1979 malibu

Daily Driver
Jul 16, 2010
Mount Ephraim,NJ
Thanks guys, it was actually easier than it looked. I just took the upper metal spacer off the top seatbelt mount at roof and everything slipped right through. It took 5 mins. tops and everything is reinstalled perfectly.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
I WAS FACED WITH THIS SAME PROBLEM, COUPLE DAYS AGO! LOOKED LIKE SOME HARD *ss PUZZLE I BUDDY SHOWED ME. DUH! EASY AS HELL!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!