weatherstripping

dwelch

Daily Driver
Aug 1, 2012
i have been trying to buy the rubber weatherstripping for my bu. it seems they only have this stuff for 4-doors and hardtops and not my 2-door sedan.is there a way you can modify the hardtop or 4-door to fit a 81 sedan? thanks :D

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Last edited by a moderator:

dwelch

Daily Driver
Aug 1, 2012
thanks for the reply tommy. i e-mailed metro and they said nothing for the sedan,just 4-doors and wagons. i call mine a sedan, it has the post. is a coupe and sedan the same? thanks

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Umm, that part number came directly from Metro's website & it's listed for 2 doors, unless their web site is wrong... On GM A/G bodies, 2 doors are coupes, 4 doors are sedans.

Tommy

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Yeah there are several vendors that carry those seals. I didn't follow Tommy's links but I've seen a few different places (Mike's Montes, etc.) that carry them. Some are SoffSeal, I'm not sure about the others. They're also on eBay.

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
the soffseals are hard the whole way around except by the back of the door where it mounts from the bottom of the glass up about 2 inches it soft and hollow, i can slip my finger in thats where it leaks also, other then that i love the soffseals. what are the metro seals like? are they firm the whole way around the glass, no possible leaking?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Dunno. Mine aren't going in until everything's done with body & paint. I do know the Metro seals are much more favorably reviewed than the Soffseals...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts